Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Practicing for Blizzard



So last night I was looking at different companies I might want to apply for.  I am always trying to find new companies I have never looked at before and see if they are offering positions in Modeling or 3D Artist.  After looking through several different company websites and not finding anything I really liked, I decided to go back to Blizzard Entertainment; the company I had decided on a few months back.  I am skeptical however about choosing Blizzard, mainly due to the fact that I have not played any of their games before.  I tried playing a demo of World of Warcraft a couple years ago but I just didn't really see the play factor in it.  I mean really how can people spend hours upon hours and countless $$$ on playing this game?  Is it really that addicting? Well if it is, I didn't want to be sucked up into it.  I recently meant to buy their latest release, Star Craft II, but school was hectic and I didn't have time to invest into it.  Perhaps if it ever drops in price in the near future, I'll give it a go, since I switched to the 36 month program at Full Sail University.  Anyway, back to Blizzard.  Even though I do not play their games, I do however worship their epic Cinematic Game Trailers!  The trailer for Wrath of the Lich King is one of the most beautiful and awesome CG Trailers I have ever seen.  What I love about them is that their headquarters are located in the beautiful Irvine, California and their offices are spectacular.  They also have every job type I could want.  Because I am still pretty early on in my stages at Full Sail, I do not know exactly what area of the Computer Animation world I want to center on, but at this point my choice is Modeling because I am very good at creating inanimate and nonorganic objects.  So for my first crack at creating objects geared towards the tastes of Blizzard, I quickly created this Battle Hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment